Sunday, February 3, 2008

What Happened to Daniel Johns?

Somewhere along the line, something has gone very, very wrong with our Daniel

He's lost his hot wife and seems to have replaced her with the disastrously untalented Paul Mac.

I was checking them out at the Gold Coast Big Day Out, and the band that once toured with the Chili Peppers and Pearl Jam now have backing singers, a wind section and 2 guys on keyboards. Somebody hold my hair while I WRETCH!

And I don't know if this tops it off because I haven't ranked all the bad things that happened during the short time I was taking this little horror in but he was addressing the crowd in an American accent. Unbelievable. It's not like he even lives in LA or has an American wife or anything you could thing of that would make this type of thing semi-understandable. An American accent, I mean come on

And he introduced Paul Mac twice!

I can only imagine how the other 2 feel every time John’s tows in Paul Mac to the studio and lisps “Hi guysth, Paulth justh come in to help usth out tooodayyyy…” There’d definitely be some wincing going on. The drummer would probably think about impaling himself through the eye with his sticks, but then think twice after realising his own private bogan paradise in the backblocks of Newcastle is nearly complete with replica Playboy pool grotto and motorcross circuit. Sweeeeeeeet

A disturbing fact is that ‘young modern’ is Paul Mac’s nickname for young Daniel. And that is what they called the last album………….

He needs to get rid of that guy and start listening to Muse and Karnivool for some well needed inspiration. I can't imagine his Aussie fan base staying with him too much longer if he keeps Paul Mac around

No comments: